Sunday, March 7, 2010

An Onion Snack

photo.EtXDWGKcUHM4.jpg

The other day, a friend of mine tweeted that she had eaten some delicious onion rings. I don’t tweet, mind you, but I am on facebook, which is where I read her post. I replied to her post that a favorite snack of mine growing up was eating raw onions, doused with mustard, and wrapped in a tortilla. In fact, this was a favorite after-school snack of many of my siblings. I remember rushing into the house and rummaging through the fridge looking for something to eat.

I’ve posted here a snapshot of what I just had as an appetizer to my breakfast (sautéed onions and scrambled eggs) -- that very same after-school snack. I know it looks gross; I worked very diligently to make it look that way. It won’t change how much I like it.

What kinds of gross snacks did you or do you still enjoy?

6 comments:

  1. The fact that you use red onions has redeemed this snack in my mind....a little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. I like the new blog look and banner. Very snazzy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah, thanks for the comment on the banner. I have to brag -- I made it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This may sound weird...I like chopped pickles and tomatoes smothered in ranch dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'll have to try your after school snack next time I make tortillas. Hmmmm....It sounds rather interesting.

    Let's see...what kind of gross snack do I still enjoy?.... I enjoy eating popcorn & Milk Duds. If I can't have that, then I have popcorn & pickles. I must say that I really don't think it's gross. You should try it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mine was pretty close, Fabian. I would make a sandwich out of scallions and mayonnaise. I still do.

    ReplyDelete