Monday, May 24, 2010

My Trip to Texas - Day 3

Before I begin, I noticed that the formatting (line spacing mostly) is not showing up properly after I export to my iPhone and upload from there. Sorry. ++++++++++++++++++++ I had a better night’s sleep last night. Dad was not as restless, or I was just sleeping more soundly. Either way, I feel more rested today. My sister Mary Ann came into the room that I am sharing with Dad around 8:30 am, and we changed him. Dad was especially feisty this morning. It’s usual that he will try to bite, punch, scratch, curse, yell, or cry when he is changed. On the other days, while he is combative, he is not as strong; today, he was pushing us around and I had to use all my strength to keep him from hurting himself or us while Mary Ann changed him. After being changed, he felt better. The kids called from Kentucky to say hello and we visited for about twenty minutes until Mary Ann, who had made some oatmeal with raisins and prunes for Dad, came into the room. I hung up with the kids and fed Dad, which took about 15 minutes. He took a nap while I ate my serving of oatmeal. The nurses arrived around 10:20 and gave Dad a shower. While they were showering Dad, I worked on a report for my department head (Unit Productivity Report for those who know what it is). After this, I spent the remainder of the day trimming large, low-hanging tree branches around the house. All in all, I think I trimmed 6 trees and cut another 20 foot tree down to its trunk. Mary Ann and I hauled most of the large branches away and made / added to another large pile of branches. The cutting and hauling took about 5 hours of work; it was nice exercise and I can tell that I will be sore in the morning. There were other smaller events throughout the day, but honestly, I’m so physically tired right now that I’m doing all I can to keep from falling asleep in the recliner. Briefly: Dad had 4 changes today; Ricky stopped by around dinnertime to help with Dad; I visited with my kids and wife briefly twice (once this morning and again around 8:30 pm). Breakfast today: oatmeal with sugar and cinnamon Lunch today: mixed salad topped with chicken and walnuts Dinner/Supper: refried beans, rice, tamales, and fresh flour tortillas

No comments:

Post a Comment